Alli’s X’mas Pudding is a Delicious Treat for Christmas
750g Mixed Fruit
60g Candied Peel (optional)
3 Tabs Orange Juice or Brandy
250g Organic Butter
150g Coconut Sugar
Grated rind of an orange and a lemon
4 Organic Eggs (lightly beaten)
60g Blanched Almonds
1 c Wholemeal or Spelt Flour
½ Tsp Himalayan Salt, Nutmeg, Ginger, Cinnamon and Bicarb Soda
125g Fresh Breadcrumbs
How to make X’mas Pudding
- Mix dried fruit and candied peel over night in orange juice or brandy
- Next day in a separate bowl combine butter and sugar into a batter
- Gradually add in sugar, fruit rind, eggs a little at a time to prevent curdling
- Stir in fruit, almonds alternatively with flour, salt, bicarb soda, bread crumbs and all spices
- Put into a large deep basin that has been lined with greaseproof paper
- Cover the top and sides with a circle of greaseproof paper
- Put into a large saucepan of boiling water (water level will be ½ way up the sides of the bowl and make sure to keep the water level the same throughout the cooking time
- Cover with a lid and steam for 6 hours.
- Take out to cool then change the greaseproof paper and store in the fridge until X’mas Day
- On X’mas Day steam the pudding again the same way for only 2 ½ hours or the night before in a crock pot on a low setting.
- Serve with your favorite topping.